Our system has included several default email Campaign for you upon signup. However, you’re always welcome to create your own email Campaign.
You can create a new campaign by clicking Add New Campaign or edit previously created campaign by clicking Actions > Edit. Clicking on either of these options will allow you to view the campaign settings.
Note: you can only edit one campaign at a time. If you open two tabs for the different campaigns, only the most recent opened campaign will be saved.
Under the campaign setup interface, you can follow these five steps.
1. Setup: You will need to enter a Campaign Name and Campaign Description. We recommend that you set the Campaign Status at Test. Also set up your sender email. Make sure the email you enter is registered as an approved sender with Amazon, otherwise Amazon will block the email, and the buyers will not receive it.
2. Template: There are a number of email templates and background themes to choose from for the new Campaign.
- Email Templates - Choose the blank template to start from scratch or copy and paste a template that you already own. Otherwise, select the template that best suits your needs.
- Background Themes - Pick the most suitable design for your email campaign.
- Saved Template - You can choose from one of the templates that you have previously saved
3. Content: Whether you decide to use your own template or select from one of our templates, there are three key tools under the content step that will help make your email campaign stand out.
After you are satisfied with the subject line and email body, you can use the following tools to further improve your campaign
- Variable - You can insert variables into the email to display specific information for the individual buyer. We grouped available variables into six categories. Please click on the category to expand the list of available variables.
- Attachment - Popular attachments to send to buyers are often recipe books and user manuals. Please refer to the upload guideline.
- You need to first upload the file using the blue + logo
- Click on the attached file to insert the file into your email body
- The file name should show up as a variable
- Save as Template - If you like this email template, save it as a template for future use.
Now you can preview the email before you move on the the next stage.
4. Filters: There are many filters available to target more specific customers. Please remember to select the correct options after turning on the Filter.
- Exclude/Include orders with promotion/ship promotion filters are created to avoid request Product Review on promotional order to be complied with Amazon's guidelines. Please know that if you turn on include promotion orders then the emails will only create the orders applied to promotion.
Note: There are two filters that require extra authorization from Seller Central account. Please refer to the Positive Feedback Integration support article for details
There are three other events below that will automatically send the campaign emails to the buyers. Only one event can be turned on for the same campaign.
- Remove Negative Feedback: Automatically send an email after a customer leaves a negative feedback (one and two star).
Remove Neutral Feedback: Automatically send an email after a customer leaves a neutral (three star) feedback.
Late Shipment: Automatically send an email if a shipment is due to arrive late. You can set when to send the email according to order date.
5. Schedule: There are three settings you can set for your campaign schedule.
- Pending period of FBA Orders
Note: The delivery option is only available for FBA orders
- Pending period of FBM Orders
- Email Delivery Time: as soon as possible or a fixed time at particular time zone
Lastly, please do not forget to Save Campaign when you are done. Unlike the default Campaign, the Campaign that you created or copied can be edited at any time.